How We Began... What We Have Done

On March 15, 1835, two Episcopalians, Rhoda Camp and her brother Zenas Barker, a few Congregationalists, and several Masons met at the home of a Unitarian to organize an “Episcopal Church and Society.”  A small stone building was built on public ground with stone quarried across the street.

Less than a generation later, in the mid-1800s, the building was enlarged with transepts and two towers.  The parish grew to include three missions, on the south, east, and west sides of the city, with chapels and church schools. 

In addition to community ministry of worship and education, Grace has a long history of social service in this community:

¨ promoted the founding of Good Samaritan Hospital (now Firelands Regional Medical Center)

¨ provided a place for Sandusky’s first Head Start Program;

¨ partnered in the formation of Safe Harbour Domestic Violence Shelter

¨ operating a Thrift Shop since 1948

¨ offering gathering space for Boy and Girl Scout troops and other civic organizations. 

¨ founding and supporting KinShip, a family service agency that focuses on the  prevention of child abuse and neglect

¨ hosting a Community Free Meal on the last Saturday of each month

¨ helping fund local projects sharing our values of learning and service with Grace Outreach Grants.

  March 2018  
Upcoming Events




Bones and Balance Class
10:00 AM to 10:45 AM
Bible Search
Contents © 2018 Grace Episcopal Church | Church Website Provided by | Privacy Policy